This role’s top priority is to drive the revenue goals of the Company by positioning our product as the best solution to achieve our customer's vision of success. Reporting to the President, the Business Development Executive works with customers and partners to identify state and local government agencies who are a good candidate for our product, and progress those deals through the sales pipeline to closure. As we are rapidly scaling our business, we are looking for an individual contributor that can roll up their sleeves and contribute to our growth, as we will invest in their career growth with the company.
BasicGov is the emerging industry leader in cloud-based permitting and licensing technology for government. Our mission is to empower governments to efficiently serve, and we are passionate about improving lives for our citizens in today’s ever-changing regulatory environment.
In 2019, we won the largest permitting and licensing contract in North America, and raised investment to drive our next stage of growth. In 2020 and beyond, we are accelerating across North America with our industry-leading technology that harnesses the power of the Salesforce platform. Having been recently recognized as one of the top 10 government technology companies globally, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to positively impact the lives of millions of citizens.
We believe our most exciting chapter is just beginning, and we are looking for talent that wants to make an impact. If you’re looking to make an impact in a fast-paced work environment with a team that embodies passion, collaboration, and growth, we encourage you to speak with us about modernizing the way the world thinks about permitting and licensing.
- Driving quarterly and annual revenue targets for US east coast sales, by:
- Owning your pipeline to ensure long term, consistent performance in quarterly/annual quota achievement
- Building a comprehensive territory plan that outlines strategy to secure new prospects
- Generating leads, qualifying and managing them appropriately
- Identify and build relationships with essential decision makers in target permitting and licensing organizations
- Closing contracts and transitioning opportunities to the implementation / solutions teams to move forward
- Accurately forecasting opportunities for a rolling 18-month cycle
- Learn and maintain expert knowledge of the BasicGov products, the permitting and licensing industry, competition, market happenings and trends, and the Salesforce ecosystem
- Working with key technology and system integration partners, and expanding our footprint with them
- Efficiently, creatively and competently managing roadblocks
- Other related duties as required
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to U.S. state and local government agencies
- Undergraduate Degree
- Proven record of sales success and industry domain knowledge – a track record of quota achievement and an established network of State and Local government contacts, plus an understanding of the personas in these organizations, specifically in the area of permitting, licensing or regulatory enforcement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills – solution oriented
- Ability to build a shared understanding of customer needs and motivations among members of cross-functional teams
- Energetic and creative
- Curious with excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and work independently with little guidance in a fast paced, lean, changing environment
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing and SaaS is an asset